Monday, April 8, 2013

Inca Vendor Interview - Loki Mesh

Loki Mesh



Store & Location


What did you think of the game experience?
I liked the feel of the start of the game, it set a good mood for story of searching for treasure. The searching for parts that would unlock further parts of the tomb was reminiscent of original tomb raider games.



When you heard that the players can actually die in the game, what was your initial reaction?
I was worried that it would be based on SL's built in damage system which send you home when you die and can be really frustrating. A risk of dieing is important to a game, but there has to be a balance with risk, Second life is already frustrating enough.



What by far was your favorite part or scene in the game?
I only got as far as the bit where you find gems to put in statues, but up until then i think my favorite part was blowing up the wall.



MadPeas is notorious for making things difficult and it shows by the amount of times people ask for help or more hints. We have the helpers in the pea group that love to do so. Did you have a lot of people asking for help with your store? Do you hide your item very sneakily or are you more kind to your fellow hunters?
I believe Second Life is already frustrating enough, for me its not about how hard it is to find, but how much you enjoy the journey to find it. I think most people found the item on my region thanx to the sign posts lol, but they enjoyed the journey up to and into the cave.

So be honest, how many times did the caves take your life before you were able to complete the game. (if not completed) how many times have you lost your life up to this point?
I died twice
 
Loki



 Please tell us a little bit about your store and your products? 
(how did you get started in Second Life?)

I came across Second Life back in 2005. It was featured on the Apple Website and i tried it out just to see what it was like since it was rare for any games to be on mac and free. I had no idea what it was about and no idea what i was going to do. But as soon as i took control of my avatars appearance my childishness and imagination flourished with a freedom i had not had before. I soon made friends who like me had a yearning to relive childhood and the nostalgia in that. They then encouraged me to use my design experience to make clothes for a niche market that began to grow then mesh came along and i somehow got my head around 3D modeling and here i am now making monsters and goblins, airships and cabins while also giving joy to people with my clothes range.


What is the prize that you made for the Lost Treasure of the Inca Warrior?

For the Inca game i thought what would people love to have and find useful too. So i made an explorers backpack complete with separate tool kit. Everyone loves to kit their avatar out for adventure.
 
What do you think of the game play and the story that builds the game? 
 
The Gameplay reminds me of early Tomb Raider games, simple find the objects that open the doors and really the simple ideas are always the best.

Have you had a favorite experience with any of the hunt member?
 
I played Inca Warrior with my friends.

What is your favorite thing about being involved with this game?

I like the opportunity to give SL users something fun to do and showcase my work to be enjoyed by those who play the game.

What would you like to say to the Peas that have or have not done the hunt?

Definitely have a go, there are not many people doing experiences like this in SL. Games and experiences are really hard to do on the SL platform so have a go check it out.

 Thank you for taking part in this interview. It has been a pleasure!



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment